A fixed porcelain bridge is fixed and non-removable. Patients are suitable for a fixed bridge in the following range of examples:
- Filling the spaces of missing teeth
- Maintain facial structure and features
- Prevent remaining teeth from shifting position
- Restore chewing and speaking ability
- Restoration of smile
- Upgrading a removable partial denture to a permanent dental appliance
Our expert dental team can advise on the choice of bridges, and the advantages of each solution. The most popular bridge choice is a fixed porcelain bridge. This is because it resembles your natural teeth. This bridge consists of two different crowns which are placed on two anchoring teeth (referred to as abutment teeth). The crowns are attached to the pontics (the artificial teeth), which fill the gap created by one or more missing teeth.
In the same was as most other dental restorations, porcelain bridges, can later require replacements or re-attachment due to wear. However bridges are designed to be durable and aesthetically pleasing. Porcelain bridges can last many years and provide you with a complete fully functioning mouth and smile.